Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Automation to Update Linked Record with Same Name

Solved
Jump to Solution
1074 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HaraldPalma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to set up an automation in Airtable and could use some help. Here's what I'm aiming to achieve:

Scenario: I have two tables in my Airtable base:

• Table A (Products): This table contains product records.
  • Table B (Orders): This table contains order records, each of which is linked to a product from Table A.

Goal: Whenever a new record is created in Table A (Products), I want to automatically update a linked record in the same Table with the same product name (Products).

Issue: I'm unsure how to set up the action to update the linked record in Table A with the same product name  (Products).

Could someone guide me through the steps to set up this automation in Airtable? Any detailed instructions or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!
Also include a picture

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, try using the record ID of the triggering record like so:

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.06.19 AM.png

Resulting in this:

Screen Recording 2024-07-05 at 11.06.08 AM.gif

Link to base

I'm very curious what the business logic here is though!  Why do you need to link the record to itself?

See Solution in Thread

HaraldPalma

Hi Adam, good point, thank you very much. This question already answered my problem :-). You are right, why would I do this... at the end, this was my mistake where I was thinking too complicated.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, try using the record ID of the triggering record like so:

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 11.06.19 AM.png

Resulting in this:

Screen Recording 2024-07-05 at 11.06.08 AM.gif

Link to base

I'm very curious what the business logic here is though!  Why do you need to link the record to itself?

HaraldPalma

Hi Adam, good point, thank you very much. This question already answered my problem :-). You are right, why would I do this... at the end, this was my mistake where I was thinking too complicated.

Hello, I read this nice article. I think You put a best effort to write this perfect article. I appreciate your work. thank you so much. 8 Ball Leather Jacket