Help

Automations disabled for some reason; one not turning back on

Topic Labels: Automations
928 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tania_O_Connor
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In two different bases, I have just noticed a few automations that were disabled (they have been working just fine for the past year)....there's a triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. There's no message or indication as to why they were disabled and I was not notified of this by Airtable....someone submitted a form and didn't hear back from us so they sent us an email and that's how I found out about it.

I turned most of the automations on just fine, but one of them just won't turn back on. When I try to turn it on, it hangs there for a few seconds and then turns itself back off. I have tested the automation and it works fine. I made a duplicate of the automation, tested that and it works just fine but that one also won't stay turned on.

The automation doesn't link to any 3rd party apps (I saw some suggestion of this in this troubleshooting page), but it does send out an email (though so do other automations that are working just fine).

I'd much appreciate any thoughts about why this might be happening.

Thank you so much!

Tania

2 Replies 2

Hi @Tania_O_Connor,

Typically, when an automation becomes disabled, it's often because a change has occurred within its parameters. This change might be related to authentication issues, like a password update, especially in automations connected to external platforms like Google Workspace, Facebook, Microsoft Teams, and more.

To rectify this situation, you can resolve the problem by attempting to re-establish the connection with the external software. To do so, navigate to the automation's action settings and choose "Manage connected accounts" to reconnect a valid account

I hope this helps!

Website: https://alessiomonino.com
Calendly: https://alessiomonino.com/contact
Email: alessio.monino@gmail.com

Thank you Alessio.

Yes, I read that in the troubleshooting guide, but unfortunately there were no connections to external platforms for this automation. It was behaving the same for me and my colleague....it's really unexplainable.

I sent a message in to support and they asked me to do a screen recording of the issue....just when I was demoing the issue for the recording, it worked properly. Figures!

I'm still not sure what the issue was....