Help

Re: Automations to remove calendar entries?

Solved
Jump to Solution
459 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lulabirdy10
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I use Airtable to track and schedule vaccinations for the animals in my calf barn. Using the birthdate of the calf, I have formulas in the due date fields to calculate the appropriate date to give each vaccine to each animal. Then I have a field with a checkbox to indicate when that vaccination has been completed. I use the calendar view with this table to show me what I need to complete on any given day. This works well, but what I want to create is an automation that removes the item from the calendar view after I check it off as being completed in the grid view. I would even settle for the date of that item being changed to a date 6 months in the past or something, just as long as it doesn’t keep showing up and cluttering my current calendar. But most automations I have tried can’t alter a “calculated date”, which most of my fields are because they are all based on the birth date of the calf. I have been puzzling over this for a week now and am hoping someone out there has a potential solution for me. Thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You don’t need an automation. You just need to create a formula field:

IF({Your Checkbox Field},{Your Due Date Field})

Then, use that formula field to show up on your calendar instead of the due date field.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You don’t need an automation. You just need to create a formula field:

IF({Your Checkbox Field},{Your Due Date Field})

Then, use that formula field to show up on your calendar instead of the due date field.

Thanks so much ScottWorld! This was a perfect and elegant solution; it worked like a charm.  🙂