1024 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Lever
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

In my law library I have a field "keywords’ , customised to multiple select. I have a keyword Notice/Service that I want to delete and substitute two keywords Notice and Service.

The quickest way I find to batch change a keyword is either to copy and paste and input into each record or enter the keyword(s) into an empty field then shift>enter and drag the blue rectangular to fill each empty field,

However, that cannot be done when the field is not empty to begin with but contains other (different) keywords that are not to be overwritten, (See screenshot)
Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 16.03.12

Is there another way to batch input into a field that contains existing keywords that are to be retained? (I have approximately 350 entries to change and am resigned to doing them one by one)

6 Replies 6

I would check out the Batch Update extension. It should do what you need.

Thank you ever so much. 273 records updated in seconds! I change keywords regularly so this extension is going to be very useful.

That’s great to hear! You’re welcome! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

In that case, you might also consider converting your multiple-select field to a linked record field.

@Michael_Lever

This is great advice from @kuovonne! I highly recommend this approach. I also meant to mention this earlier myself, but I was driving while posting and had to be brief. Lol.

If you need help on learning about linked record fields, you might greatly benefit from my free Airtable training course:

Michael_Lever
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Very kind of you to suggest ways other than the Batch extension but the latter is good enough for my needs, thank you.