770 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brechtify
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have one table "Companies" it is related to "Campaigns". When I send a Campaign to a Company I want to batch or else automatically link the Campaign to the company.

I see that linked records are not part of the batch Update extension. 

Example:

• I create a view of Companies that's 100 records.
  • I have a Campaign that's "Direct Mail Piece 1"
  • I export that list and send mail to those companies
  • I want to show link these 100 Companies to the Direct Mail Piece 1 Campaign so I know which companies have received which marketing.

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @brechtify, if I understand correctly, this should be fairly simple to do using vanilla Airtable automations. Essentially, the process would be:

1. In the "Companies" tab, select and add the 100 companies to the "Target Companies" view.
  2. In the "Campaigns" tab, include an "Add to Companies" checkbox field.
  3. Build an automation that, when triggered by the "Add to Companies" checkbox being checked, finds the companies based on the "Target Companies" view, then updates those company records to link to the campaign's record ID using the "Repeat for each in list" action.

Screenshots incoming. Here's the configuration of fields for both tabs:

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10.42.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10.42.34 AM.png

Next, the configuration of the automation should be as follows:

• Trigger: When a record matches conditions (Table: Campaigns; Conditions: If {Add to Companies} is checked.
  • Action 1: Find records (Table: Companies; Find records based on: View; View: Target Companies)
  • Repeating Action 1: Repeat for each in list of records (List: Find records from Action 1)
  • Repeating Action 2: Update record (Table: Companies; Record ID: Current item from list of records, Record ID; Fields: Campaigns, Record ID from Trigger (the RecID of the Campaign that had its box checked)

Just tested this automation, and it worked for me using this configuration. Let me know if it works for you!

brechtify

Thanks. I'm not sure that solves the problem. Maybe I am misunderstanding. Here's a video explanation https://www.loom.com/share/285c8fccb34f47d79242e9b7ceff1dc3

CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Gotcha! Is copying/pasting the linked record in that field an option? Or are companies going to be getting multiple campaigns assigned to them over time?

brechtify

Companies will have multiple Campaigns attached over time and the purpose is to track what Campaigns they have received. Clicking 145 records one at a time to link each one is not a good option.

You can do it in both ways, choose any.
1) Add text column to Companies, to paste Campaign name there.
add formula - link field & ',' & text column.
paste formula column to link column
2)You need a 1-record 'helper' table, with Long text field and formula. You can use any testing or not used table for that. Formula is REGEX_REPLACE(Assignee,'\\n',', ') - it convert vertical row of values in a comma separated list. You can maybe use some text editor for that, but Notepad failed to Replace
The idea is to paste the list of companies into campaign link field. It can't be done via Company names, because they contain commas. Value with comma or ampersand pasted to the link field will divide and cause wrong stuff. So, you can add new field in Companies, formula RECORD_ID().
Then paste whole IDs column into helper Long text field, with cell expanded before pasting (to prevent it expand the table). By regex formula, you get the list of IDs, comma-separated. If you paste it into Campaings link field, it will link to all those records.