cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommi_Holmgren
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all!

I’m developing a script that triggers when a new row is added to a table (it makes HTTP call to retrieve more data, and add to the missing columns). I’m currently using “When record is created” as a trigger, and it works well in cases where the entire row is added to the table at the same time through other automations, or copy-paste.

My problem is with written inputs. So if a user writes the data manually, the script triggers too soon, before all the columns are filled in, thus with only partial inputs to my HTTP call.

What’s the best way to overcome this? Intuitive I thought the trigger would work so that when a user is adding the row, it fires only when the focus goes away from the added row. But obviously not. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
tommi.

2 Replies 2

Here are some options:

• use the “when record meets conditions” trigger and have the condition require complete entry in all required fields. Note that this might have problems for values that are typed a letter at a time, and you may need to introduce a delay using a formula field

• have a checkbox or single select checkbox that the user sets when data entry is done. Trigger off that checkbox/single select

• run the script from a button field instead of an automation. Have the user click the button at the end of data entry

Tommi_Holmgren

Awesome thank you so much kuovonne!