665 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Campanella
5 - Automation Enthusiast
I'm not exactly sure on the best way to go about doing this or if I am posting this in the correct location. I want to send a text message to a group of employees about upcoming open shifts. I have the employees in a table and i have the upcoming shifts in another. I am able to text individual employees a standard message now. I am not sure how i can add the open shift date to the message and then pick which employees i want to send the message to and have the date added into it as well. The employee table and the shifts tables are linked. Right now i am able to send the message with an automation that is sent by a button in an interface I created. maybe it isn't possible or maybe its super easy and i am overthinking it. Thanks for any help in advance!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm... that might be a little tricky to setup. I don't have an immediate answer off the top of my head for how to structure your base to do this, but I have created many different text messaging systems in the past for my clients with Airtable. I demonstrate one of the many text messaging systems that I've created on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. Perhaps this video will give some inspiration. (As you will see in the video, many of my automations are automated using Make.)

(And even though I have a ton of experience with Twilio, I actually prefer using other text messaging services like SimpleTexting, TextLine, MessageBird, and SendPulse.)

If have budget for your project and you want to work one-on-one with an expert Airtable consultant to help figure all of this out with you, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k08p0R0IYXg

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm... that might be a little tricky to setup. I don't have an immediate answer off the top of my head for how to structure your base to do this, but I have created many different text messaging systems in the past for my clients with Airtable. I demonstrate one of the many text messaging systems that I've created on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. Perhaps this video will give some inspiration. (As you will see in the video, many of my automations are automated using Make.)

(And even though I have a ton of experience with Twilio, I actually prefer using other text messaging services like SimpleTexting, TextLine, MessageBird, and SendPulse.)

If have budget for your project and you want to work one-on-one with an expert Airtable consultant to help figure all of this out with you, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k08p0R0IYXg

Mike_Campanella

Thank you for replying! I will check out the podcast. What would you say is the reason you prefer the others over Twilio? Is there something that stands out or just more ease of use?

Primarily ease of use. In my personal opinion, both the Twilio website and the Twilio API are extremely confusing, and the customer service is not great. However, tons of my clients use Twilio because they were "the original text messaging service", so I have certainly setup a ton of Twilio systems.