cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomsavage
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

I am looking to build a script that will allow me to run a large find and replace on Airtable en masse so I do not need to do each one individually. I have a list of around 137 words, they are sectors, that I would like to replace with broader sector categories or something along those lines.

For example, Film > Entertainment or Media & Healthcare Products > Healthcare. The sector on the left is what I would like to find and the category on the left is what I would like to replace. 

Does anyone have a script like this to hand where i can replace the find and replace words, or please could someone help me in creating this code. 

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Just checking, but have you tried the "Find and replace" script?

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 4.03.42 PM.png

Yes, I did look at this extension and this is how I originally started doing it. Thanks for highlighting it. However, I have circa 100 words to find and replace, so I have to run the script over 100 times. I am wondering if there is a way to upload a table or list of the circa 100 words I am looking to find & replace. The aim is to only need to run the script once, rather than individually for each word.

Ah, I'm not aware of anything pre-built that's like that I'm afraid.  Creating a wrapper around that "Find and replace" script to handle a list of words you gave it would probably take an hour or so I reckon