Help

Re: Can Airtable pull social media engagement metrics?

Solved
Jump to Solution
2897 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Plyke
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I've been using Airtable to track the performance of my company's social media metrics so I can pull out trends based on the topic and format of the posts.

The problem is that the data from the posts (e.g. LinkedIn reacts and comments) is not kept up to date because I input it manually. 

I was wondering if there's any way to automatically pull data on the likes and comments of a certain post from LinkedIn and Twitter into Airtable if I link the relevant post?

Please let me know if someone has already asked a similar question, I imagined it'd be a common function people would like but I couldn't find anything online. 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greg_F
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Plyke ,

(the Watch module does not fire because it gets triggered only once after the record gets created or in case of a view once the date selected is after the date, that Airtable used to check the view last time.)

I  would do it a tad different though. I would use Search Records and dedicated view, since you will want to check the results over multiple days.

1)  In my base I  have a view for which pieces of content should be checked:

Greg_F_0-1675056104535.png

2)  The scenario  checks all records in that view and retrieves stats for each 

Greg_F_1-1675056135070.png

Make sure you are using proper Post ID  in format that will look like this urn:li:share:7025685928614510592

Greg_F_2-1675056214384.png

3)  Finally since I want to have overview of how the reach changes over multiple days, I have  a  separate table for that:

Greg_F_3-1675056314754.png

That means that the last module,  creates new records in Results table:

Greg_F_4-1675056364650.png

This way you can also get the stats  on the Content table by  using  Roll-up getting the Max() value from the results history for given post.

I  hope that helps, also thank you for motivation for me to start finally adding the stats to my own social media calendar 🤣

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8

Hi @Plyke ,

Yes, but not directly with Airtable. If you store the ID of the posts in Airtable you could for example use Make.com to pull in the data you need on a e.g. daily schedule. It could look something like this:

Greg_F_0-1674965812205.png

Let me know if this helps?

Plyke

Wow this is so great @Greg_F thanks! I'm still playing around with Make to get it working for this use case but as I've been doing so I've been learning all about these integrations for the first time. It's opened the door of my mind to so many possibilities, thanks so much!

@Plyke oh yes, there are soo many options check out my channel on YouTube for some inspiration and this video series, about how you can set up Airtable for posting to multiple social media sites!

Plyke

Your channel is great, I've subbed!

If I can ask for a brief hand here @Greg_F , I'm trying to setup Airtable and Make such that when I make a new post on LinkedIn, the URN is shared to Make, then Make takes that URN and runs a LinkedIn module which gets the statistics of the shares for the new post, then populates the data into an Airtable record (likes, impressions, etc...)

That's the ideal workflow but I'm struggling to piece it together, here's what I've got right now: I've got an event trigger for when a new record is created in Airtable, which then watches the "Link" column, which contains the URL of the LinkedIn post. Then I tried to get LinkedIn to take the data from that link and then create a new record in Airtable to plug the data into. I've got screenshots of this below. When I run this, nothing happens hahaha.

I know I can grab the shared statistics of specific LinkedIn posts through the LinkedIn module but what I want is a way for Make to automatically grab the data from the new posts.

Plyke_1-1675050789599.pngPlyke_2-1675050819312.pngPlyke_3-1675050955477.png

Plyke_4-1675051005132.png

Greg_F
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi @Plyke ,

(the Watch module does not fire because it gets triggered only once after the record gets created or in case of a view once the date selected is after the date, that Airtable used to check the view last time.)

I  would do it a tad different though. I would use Search Records and dedicated view, since you will want to check the results over multiple days.

1)  In my base I  have a view for which pieces of content should be checked:

Greg_F_0-1675056104535.png

2)  The scenario  checks all records in that view and retrieves stats for each 

Greg_F_1-1675056135070.png

Make sure you are using proper Post ID  in format that will look like this urn:li:share:7025685928614510592

Greg_F_2-1675056214384.png

3)  Finally since I want to have overview of how the reach changes over multiple days, I have  a  separate table for that:

Greg_F_3-1675056314754.png

That means that the last module,  creates new records in Results table:

Greg_F_4-1675056364650.png

This way you can also get the stats  on the Content table by  using  Roll-up getting the Max() value from the results history for given post.

I  hope that helps, also thank you for motivation for me to start finally adding the stats to my own social media calendar 🤣

Plyke

This is perfect @Greg_F . The only issue I'm having now is that I'm getting this error, "The operation failed with an error. 400: Array parameter 'shares' value 'urn:li:activity:7006102683132538880' is invalid. Reason: Deserializing output 'urn:li:activity:7006102683132538880' failed"

Plyke_0-1675058530113.png

I suspect that this is because mine reads, urn:li:activity instead of urn:li:share. When I change the URL to urn:li:share no post gets displayed. I also tried mapping it to the UGC section but that didn't work either.

I get the activity tag when I copy the link from LinkedIn on my desktop so I tried on my phone and on a friend's device and still no luck. Any ideas? 😅

Plyke

@Greg_F Fixed!! If I copy the embed link to the post then I can get the share URN. 😁 A bit tedious but oh well.

Thanks so much for your help mate. This was great.

Good to know! I actually post stuff directly from Airtable to Linked in and that Make module returns the Id with share.