Help

Re: Can scripts interact with extensions?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1025 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrLuke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm trying/hoping I can do this. I have an extension added to a table (SyncWith) but that needs to be manually triggered to run/update the sync. Ideally I'd like to create an automation to run once a day and trigger that extension, maybe with a custom script or something that can interact with it.

Is such a thing possible with scripting? I'm still new to Airtable.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Extensions can only run when their dashboards are open. They also cannot be accessed directly through scripting. When an extension is open, it can be written to react to record data changes or do things periodically. However, that is up to the extension writer and given that extensions are typically not open, writers tend to not "activate" themselves.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Extensions can only run when their dashboards are open. They also cannot be accessed directly through scripting. When an extension is open, it can be written to react to record data changes or do things periodically. However, that is up to the extension writer and given that extensions are typically not open, writers tend to not "activate" themselves.

Ah ok thanks, that makes sense I guess