cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blake_Ramage
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I’m using Airtable for website orders and would like an automation where in one click two things happens:

• The field “Status” is changed to “Processed” for all items in that view
  • A CSV immediately downloads all items in that view.

I would appreciate the help.

Many thanks!
Blake

3 Replies 3

Hey @Blake_Ramage!
Automations are a made up of two essential steps a trigger to set off that automation and an action to be performed. Unfortunately, at this time our automation triggers do not support clicking of a button as a valid trigger.

For your purpose I’d recommend using a trigger such as “When a record matches conditions” or "When a record enters a view".

For the action you’d like to preform you could definitely use the Update record Action to set the field status to “Processed”. As for automatically downloading to a CSV we don’t currently support that Automation action, but you could write a custom script and run it as an automation action.

You could additionally also look into use a third party integration solution using Zapier.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Blake_Ramage

Hey Rose, yes happy with one of those automation triggers… So I need to find someone to write a script for me to do the CSV download. What language does the script need to be written in?

Hello @Blake_Ramage!

Upon further investigation it appears I was initially incorrect—Airtable cannot automatically directly create files for downloading information, even via a script. Sorry for the misinformation! However, you could use a script with either Zapier or Integromat to build a CSV file based on the data in the view you are looking at and then download that to an external source.

Airtable currently supports scripts written in JavaScript. You can see the support article for more information about the Scripting App here. If you’d like to hire a developer from the Airtable Community to help writing the script you can check out the Hire an Airtable Consultant Community Forum for more direct help on your problem.