1018 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_Sullivan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I seem to be missing something simple, hopefully someone can help me out!

I have an automation I am setting up. To put it simply, the automation should do:

• If 24 hours have passed since the last change (Based on “Last Submitted Change”, a last modified by field)
  • Clear out the “Change Type” field (A single select dropdown field)

The automation seems to work in test runs. However, in actual execution, it fails every time. I have entries where the last submitted change was made two weeks ago but nothing happens. Can someone either offer some insight as to what I’m doing wrong, or help me figure out how to set the automation up so that it functions?

3 Replies 3

What is your automation trigger?

Also, note that your automation will only work for records that match your criteria from this point forward — it won’t go back in time and trigger records that matched your criteria in the past.

Here’s the trigger for the automation:

And the action details:
Screenshot 2022-03-02 202243

Let me know if you need anything else.

That should work, although I don’t think it will trigger until 48 hours have passed, because Airtable would consider a record to be “1 day ago” until it is “2 days ago”.

If that still doesn’t work — or if you want it to trigger exactly at 24 hours — you would need to create a formula field that calculates the difference in hours between “last submitted change” and NOW().

Then, you would trigger your automation when that formula field is greater than or equal to 24.