Help

Copying Automations when Copying a Table?

Topic Labels: Automations
360 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a base where I have a template table - let's call it Table A - that I copy to create new tables with the identical structure (i.e. all fields are the same). Is there any way to have the automations associated with Table A be automatically created for Tables B, C, D, etc.? Failing that, when I manually copy the Table A automations, is there any way to have it recognize the fields with the same names in Table B and not force me to reselect them each time? (In my use case, each table represents a different event, but I'm sure there are many other use cases as well!)

2 Replies 2

There is not a way to do what you want, but it would be considered best database practice for you to keep all of your events in one table and simply create different "views" for each event.

I discuss "views" in more detail in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning. 

Thanks, Scott! I know what you mean, and use that practice in other cases, but for this particular use case separate tables works better for our needs. It really feels like you should be able to copy automations along with a table!