cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erwin_Van_den_B
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Who can help me with this?

I have a table (A) that is grouped by name. This is where the sales from our salespeople come in.

The records are shot in via API so at the beginning of the day the fields are empty. So as the day progresses the list grows.

What I would like to achieve:

On another tab a list showing all the names that have been poured in (from A) with the number of records in the field next to it.

Important here is that it should run fully automatically and realtime.

Thanks for thinking along :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Replies 6

Hi Erwin, if I were you I would just convert the field that contains the sales person’s name into a linked field to another table, and then use a Count field.

Here’s an example

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 1.53.34 PM

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 1.53.36 PM

Erwin_Van_den_B

Thank you so much. I assume that the linked field Table1 in the Sales People tab has to be entered manually?

Nope. Links that you fill in the first table, automatically appear in second (same for delete). It fills existing record with matching name, or creates new if needed. Note that if you remove link after that, link will be deleted in other table, but record will stay.
Total number of links in each of 2 linked fields is the same number.

Erwin_Van_den_B

Thanks for the help! It finally worked out!

Now an additional question, there is a second field: ‘Project’.

If a sales rep has a deal on another project then it should also show up on a different line, as this is a separate count

So far I only get it like this, where project A and project B are on the same line.

How could I get this done?

Thanks again!
Schermafbeelding 2022-07-06 om 15.06.08

Nah, you can just make your Zap update that field directly with the sales person’s name.

Regarding your second question, I’ve updated the original base and it should now do what you’re looking for in the Sales by Projects table.

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 10.25.08 AM

The idea is to use an automation to paste the text [Sales person name]|[Project] into a linked field, which helps us compile everything in the Sales by Projects table. From there, we just use a Count field again.

Since you’re already using a Zap for this, I recommend you update your Zap to put the text [Sales person name]|[Project] into the linked field instead of using an automation to save your runs

Erwin_Van_den_B

Thanks for the good help. I have worked it out.