cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
username1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

As a event planner, I would like to set some automations to create another record when one specific is created. I would like to create a 1 hour long record "Set Up" when I create a record "Meeting" to have the set up already writen in the planning without having to write it myself.

Do you know how I can do that?

Thanks in advance 

6 Replies 6

Sure, you'd need to create a formula field that calculated what time it is one hour before your meeting's start time, and you would create an automation that would trigger when a record's name was "Meeting", and its action would be to create a new record with the formula field's time:

Screen Recording 2023-03-10 at 10.26.15 PM.gif

Link to base

Thank you a lot for your reply :).

Unfortunately, I don't know how to create a formula field that calculated what time it is one hour before the meeting's start time. I tried but each time it asked a precised hour, I am surely doing it wrong. Is there a formula for me ?

Thank you 😉

Yeah, you can duplicate the base I linked above to view the formula used

Is it possible for you to write your formula down here ? For me to understand and replicate it for other events such as cocktails etc.

Thank you :))

Hello @TheTimeSavingCo

Is it possible for you to write your formula down here ? For me to understand and replicate it for other events such as cocktails etc. thank you !

Have a good day :))

Yeap sure

DATEADD(
  Date,
  'hours'
)