Help

Create unique Records in Table 2 through linking new records generated by a formula

Topic Labels: Automations
886 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Elagami
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello ,

I am having a problem creating unique records in the other Table, and the records are being linked to an already existed old records , Let me break that through to you, I might miss something causing this

1- I have 2 tables , Table 1 is active marketing campaigns, and from a multi select field ( Field Activation Plan ) , There is a formula reads from with Comma separator so when it land in a ( Linked record field ) which is ( Media Plan Links ) by an automation , Each select I choose on that field should create a unique record in the other table which is ( Name ) , so people can give dates and updates to that select . Look at this image
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.20.04 AM

2- The other table2 ( Activation by campaign ) creates each if these activation plans as a new record in ( Name ) and I group that by title and season formula coming from the first table by a vlookup field . Look at that image
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 2.18.42 PM

3- The automation here works like this , When the team multi select mini selections, A formula create that with comma separate between each selection, So when it land in the in the linked records , it creates unique records in table 2 Trigger :
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.24.13 AM

Action:
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.26.02 AM

Result :
Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 11.22.10 AM

Some how , When these records are created in marketing campaign linked record field, they got linked with older titles that already existed , I want each title that has activations plan added to land in one unique record and not to be linked with other title.

Do you what I am doing wrong here ? or is it because I am using the same Keyword in Name ? I thought that should not be a problem because it should create as many records from activation plan which is linked to a specific title .

1 Reply 1

Hey Ahmed, new records will only be created if the value you’re pasting into the linked field doesn’t already exist in the primary field of Activiation by Campaign.

To handle this, I would suggest you update the formula for the field Media Plan Channel.. to include the name of the active marketing campaign as well (I assume those are unique?). That should solve your current issue