Help

Re: Creating duplicate record automation works everytime except for one specific record - receive Er

291 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Manny_Vergara
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I created a staff scheduler with a series of automations that copies a shift (Workday Date and Start/End Times, Location linked field, employee linked field, notes) to a future date based on 4 checkbox fields (creating a shift 1, 2, 3 and 4 days in the future).

While the tool works great, I started receiving an error with only ONE location linked field every time I try to copy a shift. The error reads as follows: 'Creating the record failed due to insufficient permissions.' I have tried several fixes, including creating a duplicate of the location in question in the parent table and cutting and pasting pertinent information and linking fields about that location into the new record. I am completely stumped and as it is impossible to reach Airtable directly anymore, I figured I'd turn to the forums.

Thanks in Advance!

Manny_Vergara_0-1697833466823.pngManny_Vergara_1-1697833489609.png

1 Reply 1

Hi,

check all linked fields (location, employee). It seems like you are trying to insert text value into linked field and it cannot find a match, so it tries to create new record there. Maybe the value contains comma or ampersand, so it breaks the single value into a list of parts/
Click to the arrow at the left of 'Failed to run', expand field values - usually that's enough to find a reason.