435 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larissaloden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey y'all, hoping you can help me solve a thorny issue. We use Airtable in a big way across all of our teams, and we've built a Daily Duties board to give ownership and sightline to the must-happen daily needs of the business. Individual team leads assign their team members to the tasks weekly.

The issue I'm having is in maintenance - currently we are duplicating the empty records weekly which is cumbersome and time intensive. I'm sure there is a way to do this via automations, but the issue I run into is date/time fields - running an automation to create records at a date/time, but neither configuration for start/end time - static or dynamic - is getting me what I'm looking for. We have both a start and end time so that it can be easily shown in a calendar view like the attached image. Any advice? I've bopped around here on the boards for a bit now but haven't found a particular case that matches what I'm looking to solve. Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Ella
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have also struggled with this issue. In case this doesn't help you, I am following this post to see if there is another solution. 

My solution (an interim measure until I find something more elegant) was to assign a maintenance interval to each recurring task. Use the interval to calculate when the next maintenance should be scheduled. Then calculate the time difference between Today and the next maintenance appointment and use this to trigger the creation of the next recurring maintenance task as a new record using dynamic values in the automation from the original task. This way I can control how many recurring tasks are scheduled and how far into the future the scheduling goes.

Ella_0-1704754406002.png