cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DZaunLM
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all!

I am currently trying to make an automation that inputs the date into a cell of the time that is updated. Right now I can only see two options - static and dynamic. The first does not work since the input will not change with every update, and the second can only be based off of different cells. Is there an option I'm missing?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Swanson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@DZaunLM This is a type of field type, it is not part of automations.  You create the field within the table itself.  Below you can see the option within the Field type selection drop down.  AT(SS3).png

You can also read about that field type here:  https://support.airtable.com/docs/last-modified-time-field

All the best!!!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Brian_Swanson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Have you investigated the 'Last Modified Time' field.  

I believe it works in the manner conistent with what you are looking for.  You can set it to look at only a select group of fields or all editable fields.  

Choosing a dynamic value doesn't have to be a value from a different cell. It just means that it isn't a hardcoded value. It could be a value from earlier in the automation, such as a value in a different record, the automation time for a scheduled automation, or the output of a script.

If you do not need to manually edit the field at some point, using a "last modified time" field might be a simpler option. If you do need the value to be in an editable field, you can try copying over the "last modified time" or use a timestamp generated by a script.

DZaunLM

That does sound like it's exactly what I'm looking for - however, I can't seem to find this option... is it accessible through the blue "plus sign" button? If so, I must have some setting wrong that doesn't allow me to choose it as an option.

Brian_Swanson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@DZaunLM This is a type of field type, it is not part of automations.  You create the field within the table itself.  Below you can see the option within the Field type selection drop down.  AT(SS3).png

You can also read about that field type here:  https://support.airtable.com/docs/last-modified-time-field

All the best!!!