cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakepap
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey,

I have an extension in Airtable that creates a file for each record within a Table. Is it possible to download each file as a pdf and populate a file field in the same Airtable record? 

Each file generated by the extension doesn't have a unique URL (that I can find) to that records extension file making it difficult to download automatically. 

Please help!

Thanks

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable’s Page Designer extension cannot be automated in any way.

You can manually create the PDF file yourself by manually using the printing & PDF functions on your computer. Then, you can manually insert the PDF file into an attachment file.

Otherwise, if you want to automate the process of creating a PDF document and inserting the PDF file into an Airtable attachment field, you would need to turn to external document creation apps.

Here are some of your best options:

1. One of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. This can be automated natively or by using Make’s DocuMint automations.

2. Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. PlumSail Documents is another app that has an Airtable extension and also offers full Make support.

4. Formstack Documents also has an Airtable extension and also offers full Make support.

5. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make’s automations & integrations. You can even use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Excel. If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread. For example, here is how you would instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Thanks Scott!