130 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeriE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a Typeform question with multi select options. Right now, when the Typeform is filled out, the answers are sent through Zapier and then through to Airtable. Airtable will group the multi select answers into one field. For example for "do you identify as any of the following?" it will group "WomanBlack" together instead of as separate fields in the same Airtable cell ("woman" "black") - Can someone advise? Also how do I have the "Other" and typed answer populate into a different cell?

2 Replies 2

A few thoughts on this:

#1. As far as I know, Zapier is unable to handle this, because it doesn't have robust array functions. 

So, if you want to stick with Typeform, you would want to switch to Make's automations & integrations for Airtable. In your case, you would need to use some of Make's array tools, which I demonstrate in this Airtable podcast video.

Make is INFINITELY more powerful & customizable than Zapier, yet it is significantly cheaper than Zapier. I wrote an entire post here comparing Make vs. Zapier.

If you can't figure out how to do what you're looking to do with Make, please post some screenshots or a video of your Typeform form & your Airtable base, and we can figure it out for you.

2. However, in my personal opinion, your much better bet would be to leave Typeform and switch to Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable, which natively communicates with Airtable and natively supports all of Airtable's fields -- including multi-select fields.

Fillout offers hundreds of features that you can't get with Typeform, such as the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, the ability to create new linked records on a form, and much more.  

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

That's down to how Typeform sends the data I'm afraid and you'll need to modify it to make it work with Airtable's multiple select fields.  Here's a thread on this issue where someone managed to solve it: https://community.zapier.com/how-do-i-3/how-to-split-tags-from-typeform-into-airtable-multiple-selec...

re: "Other"
Is there a noticeable difference in the type of data Typeform sends when a user types in the "Other" option?  If so you could use that as a route in your Zap to populate another cell instead

---
Typeform has a direct integration with Airtable though so maybe you could just skip Zapier entirely too: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/airtable-integration-question-mappings-and-fa-qs-14873828884244/

Note that Typeform's integration doesn't support "Other" though