Help

Re: Dynamically Pull Data From Two Rows?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1293 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vutropush
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all, 

I'd appreciate a bit of help.

I am trying to make a two product comparison page. I have all product specifications in one table like this: 

Vutropush_0-1674213078587.png

And I want to pull the specs data on this other "compare pages" table depending on which two products are picked:

Vutropush_1-1674213117295.png

So if Product 1 is "iPhone 11" then it would pull the specs into this "Product 1 Specs HTML"from the first table. Same for product 2. 

Hopefully it makes sense.

Is there an automation or formula that I can use to achieve this? 

Much appreciated! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
n0xp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You're close enough.

In your comparison table, change the field type for Product 1 and 2 to the 'Link to record' type and select 'your table Product specs.

Then in your Product 1 specs and Products 2 specs fields change the type to Lookup fields. And make them look up your Product and then the Product specs.

(this might look confusing on text, but go through it step by step in Airtable, and it'll make sense)

❤️

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
n0xp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You're close enough.

In your comparison table, change the field type for Product 1 and 2 to the 'Link to record' type and select 'your table Product specs.

Then in your Product 1 specs and Products 2 specs fields change the type to Lookup fields. And make them look up your Product and then the Product specs.

(this might look confusing on text, but go through it step by step in Airtable, and it'll make sense)

❤️

Vutropush

This worked! Appreciate the help 🙂 Here's a screenshot: 

Vutropush_0-1674224905930.png

n0xp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You're welcome !

In general when using Airtable I find it helpful to think, that you should NEVER need to write the same thing twice. It should always be pulled from another place where you already wrote it once.

Have fun !