cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Ward
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I’m using Airtables automation to output an email report for managers.

You can’t control the order of fields when outputted at a HTML list or grid and my report doesn’t make sense if I just list the fields in the order they were added to Airtable…

…so I’ve used a formula field to concatenate the fields in the order I want, taking the opportunity to give better labels for the reader too:

CONCATENATE("Station: " & {Station (from CycleCode) (from CycleEvent)} & "\n" & "Module: " & {Module (from CycleCode) (from CycleEvent)} & ", " & {Project (from CycleCode) (from CycleEvent)} & "\n" & "Started at: " & RIGHT(CycleEvent,5) & ", duration: " & DowntimeDuration & " mins" & "\n" & "Reason(s): " & Reasons & "\n" & "Notes:" & {Corrective Actions})

It gives me a nice summary field that looks like this, with line breaks:

1Capture

HOWEVER once I pull that data into the email automation, whether as a list or grid, the data only outputs until the second “\n” line break.

Is this a bug, or is there a better way to achieve this? :thinking:

Thanks for your help in advance

2 Replies 2

It’s probably a bug. I would report it to support@airtable.com.

scotty
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is where markdown is fiddly. Two spaces at the end of a line is how markdown can show a line break, but that doesn’t usually work when pumping out info from Airtable into another system. \n I believe is not real markdown. You can read more here : GitHub Flavored Markdown Spec

Use the HTML </br> and see how that works. You can mix in some HTML with markdown however we try and use either straight markdown or straight HTML in our formulas, as mixing can become a bit fiddly.