cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kami_T
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Community,

I'm seeking your assistance in finding additional resources or suggestions for my approach in tackling a particular issue.

Objective:
I want to integrate a button within my Airtable database that can generate an interactive email chatbox (open or close) for partners to request notifications with just one click, specific to certain projects.

Potential Solutions:

1. SendGrid isn't a viable option for this task.

2. Building my own extension is an option, but I'm unfamiliar with the process, and without clear guidance, I'm concerned about its feasibility. Building a new extension - Airtable Blocks SDK

3.  Hard coding would be a last resort since I am new to Airtable and don't want to reinvent the wheel if avoidable.

4. Zapier offers some promising potential solutions, such as "Send emails for new Airtable records in views (zapier.com)", but I'm unsure about how to proceed without clear directions.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice, solutions, or resources you can share with me.

Thank you kindly for your time and assistance. 🙏

3 Replies 3

I typically go down the external automation path (which is what you were referring to in #4 of your list above).

However, I would never recommend that anybody use Zapier. I would only use Make instead of Zapier. Here is a post that I wrote about Make vs. Zapier. Also, here is another thread with a bunch of resources for you to learn Make.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Kami_T

Hi ScottWorld,

I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I'll definitely take a look at your post comparing Make and Zapier. However, it's worth mentioning that my team already has a Zapier license in place. Given that, we might find it more practical to leverage the resources we already have on hand. Nonetheless, I'll still consider the information you provided to make an informed decision.

Thank you once again for your input, and if we ever need expert Airtable consulting, I'll be sure to reach out to you through your website.

Could you tell me more about your desired workflow? 

From what you've mentioned I'm imagining you've got a table where each record is a project and has a button to click.  Once a user clicks a button for a project, they'll start getting updates whenever records tied to that specific project get udpated.  Is that right?