Help

Re: Emailing records with "Render as HTML Grid" - field values are truncated!

Solved
Jump to Solution
2786 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrian_Ross
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey all, I’ve run into an interesting problem with AirTable. I have an automation script thats finds all records from today and emails those records with the “Render as HTML Grid” option. Some field values are truncated, and I couldn’t find a way to affect the row size or CSS rules that are causing this to happen. For example:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 1.40.53 PM

For example, there’s a parent <div> that wraps the table enforcing a max-width of 1000px (and overflow-x: auto!) and inside of each <td> element, there’s rules for a max-width of 250px and overflow: hidden.

Parent <div> of table:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 1.49.30 PM

<td> rules:

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 1.43.09 PM

Since I can’t modify AirTable’s restrictive CSS, can anyone give me some recommendations on how to work around this with 3rd party apps or Zapier integrations to use for this specifically? The truncated table text is the only real problem I have here. :open_mouth:

11 Replies 11

Thanks, Scott! It’s been interesting reading the rest of the thread, I’ve learned a lot!

Do you have another topic/question requesting the features you’re mentioning? I will definitely chime in & show support for that! :slightly_smiling_face: