cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emin_Saral
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I created a field with a complex formula based on other field’s values.
When this field is 0 (False) or 1 (True), I am showing them in a separate view via a filter on the view.

When there is a new entry in the view based on this field being 1 (True), I am sending an action to Slack.

Yet, sometimes when we see the notification on Slack, I check the view and there is no entry at all.

We are suspecting that, when you paste a value to any field which is referenced inside the formulated, the formula gets updated for the slight of a second and then enters the view.

Is there any thing I am missing here? A possible approach to fix this issue?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Emin_Saral
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is the formula in the field to be clear:

IF(
	OR(
		NOT({relevant_terms_website}), 
		NOT({is_terms_valid}),
		NOT({product_id}),
		NOT({config_brand}),
		NOT({helper_brand_logo}),
		NOT({config_model}),
		AND(
			NOT({picture_front}),
			NOT({picture_side}),
			NOT({picture_behind}),
			NOT({picture_back}),
			NOT({picture_frontal}),
			NOT({picture_interior}),
			NOT({picture_interior_2}),
			NOT({picture_interior_3}),
			NOT({picture_extra})
		),
		NOT({helper_cartype_readable}),
		NOT({color_hex}),
		NOT({config_color_normed}),
		NOT({config_gearshift}),
		NOT({config_drive}),
		NOT({helper_product_earliest_delivery} < {helper_product_latest_delivery}),
		NOT({helper_product_earliest_delivery} >= TODAY())
	), 

FALSE(), 
	TRUE()
)

When I paste a value into relevant_terms_website, for example, the condition changes and it enters the view even though the value is the same value as before.

When I paste a value into relevant_terms_website, for example, the condition changes

As I understand it, when you paste a value into {relevant_terms_website} the IF condition may or may not change its result, as it still depends on the other fields’ content.
You’re conditioning the appearance on a view by the evaluation of all the fields (they’re ORed), not only the one you’re filling in.

Are you clearing out the old value before you paste in the new value? Airtable formula recalculate every time a character is typed or deleted.

If you are pasting in a new value on top of an old value without clearing it in between, I suggest you contact support and explain the situation.