Help

Re: Error: Field "fld5tAFeW3sH3A4tK" cannot accept the provided value. How to find this Fi

Solved
Jump to Solution
646 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_Banks
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Airtable Community,

I have the error as shown in the subject in my script. I am struggling to determine the field that it is referring to. Is there a way to identify fields by this "code" or am I missing something? 

I have no linked fields in my table.

Thank you!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Ryan_Banks ! You can visit the Airtable API page, search & open your base and then search for that field id. That will show you which field it is. Best, Rupert 

See Solution in Thread

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are several ways to find the IDs of fields. One of the easier ways is to use the Table's "Manage Fields" feature and turn on field IDs. Note that the search feature in "Manage Fields" does not search field IDs and you cannot currently sort by field ID, so you have to manually scan the list. Sometimes I find it easier to write a quick script that shows field ids.

You can see a few other methods here.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Ryan_Banks ! You can visit the Airtable API page, search & open your base and then search for that field id. That will show you which field it is. Best, Rupert 

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are several ways to find the IDs of fields. One of the easier ways is to use the Table's "Manage Fields" feature and turn on field IDs. Note that the search feature in "Manage Fields" does not search field IDs and you cannot currently sort by field ID, so you have to manually scan the list. Sometimes I find it easier to write a quick script that shows field ids.

You can see a few other methods here.