641 17
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We are using Airtable to track receipts. The current setup is a Receipts tab, where employees can fill out a form to submit their receipts.

SUWR_0-1717525288304.png

The Staff tab, is where the list of staff names are that the staff choose from when filling out the form that goes to the Receipts Tab.

SUWR_1-1717525378075.png

Then I have a 3rd tab for Reconciliation Month that the Finance Manager can apply onto the Receipts tab when they do the final approval of the receipts.

SUWR_2-1717525418479.png

The workflow is that an employee will fill out the form when they have a receipt. Then once a month the finance manager will go in and review confirm which month the receipt applies to so that it will group together.

I am trying to get it setup to do an automation that sends the receipts to the finance manager by staff person by month. I am able to do the email that pulls all the receipts together for that month, but can't figure out how to break it down by person. The staff tab has a lookup of receipts by person, but it is pulling all the receipts. I know I can set a filter on the lookup field to be a specific month, but that would require changing the filter every month. Is there a way to do this more automatically where I can get just the month's receipts for that person. I've been trying to do it via interface and buttons and filters, but still can't seem to get it to do just those receipts. 

17 Replies 17
SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So weird that you couldn't see it, but thanks for giving it a try. You for sure got part of it! Thank you so much! I did now get an email for each staff person. Two follow ups - it still sends me all the receipts rather than just the month I have chosen on the interface. What step am I missing there? And then is there a way for it to not email if there are no attachments? 

SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I think I got it now - I had picked the wrong attachment option, so I think it is just doing the month now! Thank you so much for your help with this!!

SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - thanks so much for your help with this. One new question related. Our finance manager is interested in being able to email the receipts by person (by selecting the person) in certain scenarios rather than emailing everyone all at once. Do you have a suggestion of how I might set that up?

Hmm, maybe use a Record Review layout with the source being the 'Staff' table, and have a button that'll trigger an automation to look for the receipts linked to the selected record and email them?

SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks - still having trouble there. If it pulls from the staff table it just pulls all the receipts. Using the record review layout on the interface, the only button options are open record creation, go to interface page and go to external URL, it does not give the option to connect to an interface.

re: If it pulls from the staff table it just pulls all the receipts

Hmm, how are you setting up the automation to find the receipts for the relevant month?

---

re: Using the record review layout on the interface, the only button options are open record creation, go to interface page and go to external URL, it does not give the option to connect to an interface

Could you provide a screenshot of the "Action" dropdown in your Interface?  I have the "Run automation" option available here:

Screenshot 2024-06-21 at 11.15.28 AM.png

SUWR
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For the month pull, I have the button on the interface: 

SUWR_1-1718992966594.png

When I choose the month listed on the interface, that's which receipts it emails.

Then, the automation: 

SUWR_2-1718993089238.pngSUWR_3-1718993122534.png

For the record review - this is what it looks like for me. The only place I can add a button that triggers an automation is when it's a start from scratch interface page.

SUWR_0-1718992852129.png

Hmm your automation looks like it's set up right and so I can't comment further I'm afraid.  I'd need access to the base itself via a read-only link so I can see how your automation's set up specifically to figure out what's wrong, and here's the link to the documentation on how to do that: https://support.airtable.com/docs/adding-a-base-collaborator#adding-a-base-collaborator-in-airtable

For the Interface button issue, try clicking the right panel and adding the button there:

Screenshot 2024-06-23 at 1.36.39 PM.png