cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cori_parrish1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

this is probably the dumbest question.

i have a table with a list of organizations (Members table) and a single-select field that tells me whether they are members or not.

i have another table with a list of organizations that have sent someone to a training (All Orgs table).

i made an automation triggered by when a new organization is added to the All Orgs table to search for that org by name in the Members table and update a field in the All Orgs table to indicate if the org is a member.

when i test the automation, it finds zero records, even where i can see that the orgs are in both tables. the condition i am using is:

Where 'trim org name' contains 'trim org name'

'trim org name' are formula fields i made in both tables, just in case there are extra spaces in the org name fields that would make the find fail.

what am i missing?? i'm guessing it's something so obvious. thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm that's a weird one, just tried it out and seems to work for me.  Could you try re-testing your trigger perhaps?

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 5.54.19 PM.png
If that doesn't help, could you provide some screenshots of your tables with the relevant fields and the automation setup?

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm that's a weird one, just tried it out and seems to work for me.  Could you try re-testing your trigger perhaps?

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 5.54.19 PM.png
If that doesn't help, could you provide some screenshots of your tables with the relevant fields and the automation setup?

cori_parrish1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

thank you so much for your reply! because you said it should work, i went back & copied data out of the matching fields & pasted them into another doc, to make sure they were identical. turns out my import had added weird spaces between some of the words, so that was making the find fail. it is working now!