673 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katy_Richards
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. I am trying to automate linking one record in one table to several records in another table.

I have one table called ‘Payments’ and another called ‘Entries’. Each payment is for several entries. Once a record is created in Payments I need that to trigger an automation that first finds all the records in Entries associated with that payment (I have these as a list, separated by a comma, in a single line text field in the payment record) and then update those records to link them to the payment. Is this possible? So many thanks to anyone who can help!

3 Replies 3

Does the comma separated list match the primary field of your [Entities] table? If so, you could probably copy that list directly into your link field either manually or through the Automation using a Update Record step without need of Find Records

Katy_Richards

Hi @Kamille_Parks Thank you for your reply. Yes it does. I’ve tried that but when I test it fails saying ‘Updating the record failed due to insufficient permissions’. I am a creator on the base.

Hi @Kamille_Parks I’ve managed to do it now. I found the records in Entries but then updated the record in Payments by adding the list of found records. Phew! Thank you anyway!