1466 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GM-in-Chicago
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello (second attempt to get an answer about this)

I am not able to see the form data immediately appear in the table once a form is submitted. I am our AT admin and have never experienced this before. Instead, what happens is the form data appears the next day, or several hours later. Obviously this impacts our workflow.

Insights/Troubleshooting
-- This is a native form, made with AT
-- I have changed no settings and no one else has either.
-- I can confirm that the form I am using points to the appropriate base.
-- I have cleared the computers cache and also tried from a different machine.
-- I have not changed any settings that would force the form data to appear in the base on a schedule, but that is what it feels like it is doing... suddenly!?

Issue
Form data is not populating into the appropriate base until several hours later. This is a big problem for our workflow. 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Could you be looking in a filtered view? If you remove all filters, do the records show up?

You say that the form points to the proper base. Does it also point to the proper table? (Sometimes there are forms that actually point to a different table, and then an automation creates the record in the final table later.) This probably isn’t the issue for you, but might be for someone else who has a similar situation later. 

Do you have a {Created time} field? Does it show the time the form was submitted or the time the record appears for you hours later?

Or it could be a temporary slowdown in Airtable’s servers. 

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@kuovonne  I tried to help him with all that same advice — and more — in his previous thread on this topic:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/automations/form-entry-delays/td-p/164039

I have never seen any slowdowns in Airtable forms. These things are almost always user errors.

@GM-in-Chicago, if you need additional help, try posting a Loom video of what’s happening. Right now, you haven’t really given enough information to solve your problem.

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@kuovonne The only other thing would be if Airtable was using some rudimentary spam detection behind the scenes by delaying certain IP address (such as IP addresses from VPNs) from submitting forms immediately, but I’ve never heard of Airtable doing that. They don’t even have rudimentary CAPTCHAs on their forms, so it’s highly unlikely that they would have more advanced security.

@GM-in-Chicago If Airtable’s forms don’t work for your needs, then I would look at JotForm or Fillout or Cognito FormsFillout natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and you would use Make to have JotForm/Cognito communicate with Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

8 Replies 8

Did you try recreating the form from scratch? After creating the form, you can click on the "Share Form" button in the toolbar, and it will give you the URL to use for data entry.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Could you be looking in a filtered view? If you remove all filters, do the records show up?

You say that the form points to the proper base. Does it also point to the proper table? (Sometimes there are forms that actually point to a different table, and then an automation creates the record in the final table later.) This probably isn’t the issue for you, but might be for someone else who has a similar situation later. 

Do you have a {Created time} field? Does it show the time the form was submitted or the time the record appears for you hours later?

Or it could be a temporary slowdown in Airtable’s servers. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@kuovonne  I tried to help him with all that same advice — and more — in his previous thread on this topic:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/automations/form-entry-delays/td-p/164039

I have never seen any slowdowns in Airtable forms. These things are almost always user errors.

@GM-in-Chicago, if you need additional help, try posting a Loom video of what’s happening. Right now, you haven’t really given enough information to solve your problem.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@kuovonne The only other thing would be if Airtable was using some rudimentary spam detection behind the scenes by delaying certain IP address (such as IP addresses from VPNs) from submitting forms immediately, but I’ve never heard of Airtable doing that. They don’t even have rudimentary CAPTCHAs on their forms, so it’s highly unlikely that they would have more advanced security.

@GM-in-Chicago If Airtable’s forms don’t work for your needs, then I would look at JotForm or Fillout or Cognito FormsFillout natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and you would use Make to have JotForm/Cognito communicate with Airtable.

You guys will never believe what the issues was--- yes, there was filtered view that was set, preventing me from seeing what I needed to see. I have no recollection of setting this filter and have no idea how it got set. Im the only one that uses this base and table!!

Glad I got to the bottom of this with all your help-- thank you!

I’m glad you figured it out, but of course I told you about the filters in my very first response to you a week ago, which I posted 15 minutes after your original inquiry

Ouch. That stings.

While you may have explained, I needed more time to understand. While I am very good at Airtable, I still consider myself a student, still learning about some of its features and settings. Also, I provide my colleagues with a level of grace, especially when there is a stressful and unexpected change in their workflow. What I realize and lean into is that the very same thing, said by a different person, in a different way... can help guide them towards a solution.

We all learn differently.
You do not have the power to shame me.

I’m definitely not trying to shame you, but if you look at your response to me last week, you immediately & curtly dismissed all of my suggestions, without really verifying. All I’m saying is slow down, take these issues one step at a time, and you will be able to figure this stuff out pretty quickly! 😊