cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elodie_Delneuf
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello !

I am building an e-commerce platform where employees can buy services and products while benefiting from a coupon from their employer. Therefore, for each service and product, I might have dozen of different prices depending on who their employer is and how much they finance.

I would like to generate a specific Stripe URL for each Airtable record, so that an employee could select a service or a product, and I would send them an email with the price applicable for them, and the Stripe URL. 

This URL would redirect them to a Stripe page with the amount prefilled (and ideally their e-mail too), so that they can proceed to checkout.

I would like to know if that is feasible and what are the key modules I must use to do so.

Thank you,

Elodie

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can integrate Stripe’s Payment Links API with Airtable, but note that Stripe only supports standard pricing or customer chooses their own pricing for payment links.

If you know how to write programming code, you can either write your own custom JavaScript code to do this, or you can use the DataFetcher.com extension.

If you are looking for a low-code way of integrating Stripe with Airtable that doesn’t require any programming code at all — or if you want more flexibility in creating your own discount pricing for your customers by not using payment links — there are a few external apps that offer Stripe integration:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout offers built-in Stripe integration directly on its forms, and it also offers dozens of other advanced Airtable functions such as the ability to calculate math, display Airtable lookup fields, display Airtable rollup fields, and display Airtable attachment fields on forms.

So your customers can choose the products or services they want on the form, the total dollar amount will be displayed onscreen, and then they can enter their payment information directly on the form. All of this information can be sent back to Airtable for permanent storage there.

2. Make’s Stripe integrations and automations for Airtable. Make is a no-code automation and integration platform, which will enable you to create your own custom workflows and automations for working with Stripe. If you’ve never worked with Make before, there can be a bit of a learning curve, so I’ve given some training materials in this thread.

3. Zapier’s Stripe integrations and automations. Zapier offers native support for creating payment links, but I don’t typically recommend using Zapier because of the reasons I outline in this thread.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Hello ! And thank you your response. I am actually quite used to Make, I have been using the platform for 2 years now over different projects but never integrated with Stripe so far. 

I was wondering, 

- Would I be able to generate Stripe Link with prefilled, unique, amount, via Make ?

- What is the key module to generate a Stripe Link? Create a Payment Intent? Juts so I get the basic 2/3 modules I must look into for my scenario. 

Thanks a lot!
Elodie

In general, Make is a million trillion times better than Zapier, but in this one instance, Make requires you to create your own custom payment link API calls to Stripe. 

In Make, you would need to use the “Stripe Make An API Call” module, and you would need to custon-write your own API call using Stripe’s payment link documentation that I linked to above.

Since Make doesn’t natively support the payment link feature, you can upvote my feature request for it here.