cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Andrews1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Ok, here's the workflow I'm trying to create:

1. User 1 creates a new ticket by completing a form. (Easy)
  2. Automation generates an email to User 2, notifying them of the new ticket, including a few details and a link that opens the record in another form, which includes the details from the original ticket submitted and the ability to update the status and other fields as needed, then submitting the form to update the ticket. (???)
  3. User 1 gets an automated email, notifying them of the updated ticket. (Also easy)

Is it possible to generate url that will open the record in a form to be updated and submitted? If not, could I instead generate a link that opens the record in an interface that I design for that purpose? 

I'm trying to minimize the opportunity for either user to get confused by other records or the Airtable interface, since neither of them will be Airtable users.

Any creative ideas?

Thank you!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can put a link in the email that takes the user to that particular record in either an interface or a prefilled form.

You would just create a formula field in your database that equals the URL that you're trying to take the person to. Then, just reference that formula field in your automated email.

If you go the prefilled form route, you would probably benefit by using @kuovonne's Prefilled Forms extension.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, you can put a link in the email that takes the user to that particular record in either an interface or a prefilled form.

You would just create a formula field in your database that equals the URL that you're trying to take the person to. Then, just reference that formula field in your automated email.

If you go the prefilled form route, you would probably benefit by using @kuovonne's Prefilled Forms extension.