2007 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edd_Tillen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m trying to make an automation that sends an email to alert people when a task is almost due. The people have been selected in the record using a User field called ‘Responsible Person’. I kind of assumed that AirTable would know the email address (when you select a user, the email address can be seen from below their name), so I used the Responsible Person field in my automation for the ‘To’ parameter. This doesn’t seem to work though. It’s just bringing through their name, not their email address.

Is there a way to extract their email address from their username. Either directly in the automation, or by adding another field?

With a User field, you can set up notifications for when people are added to the field. So I just want to do something similar, but triggered when the due date is near.

2 Replies 2

You should be able to select the email address of the user in the user field in the automation configuration. You may need to edit the token and be sure to select the email property of the field value, not the name.

Edd_Tillen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Brilliant, that works, thank you. Easy when you know how :slightly_smiling_face: