1369 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilan_Weinstein
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way for the automation to perform the action based on the response in a certain field e.g. if the response in the Gender field is ‘Male’ the record should be created on one table and if it is ‘Female’ then the record should go on another table.

(I think I do need them on separate tables as opposed to creating a view as I need to link records. In my example above, on a male record I would need to select someone from the female table to match him up with and vice versa)

Apologies if I’m not being clear.

1 Reply 1

There is currently no conditional logic in Airtable’s Automations, unless you create your own custom JavaScript to create the conditional logic for you.

However, instead of using conditional logic, what you could do is have all your form submissions go into a temporary table, and then create TWO different automations: one automation that triggers if the field value is male, and one automation that triggers if the field value is female. Each automation can create one new record in its proper table.

Alternatively, for a no-code/low-code way of creating conditional automations, you can turn to Integromat, which has full support for both Airtable and Google Forms, and is free for up to 1,000 operations per month:

(Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat links contain my personal referral code.)