Help

Re: Having trouble configuring data in "number field" with "create record" autom

Solved
Jump to Solution
530 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have set up a form for clients to fill out. I want the information the clients give us to remain intact, so I am trying to create an automation that will copy over all the information from the form into a new record on a new table. Then once it's created a new record, we can go in and make corrections and adjustments.

So far it's working fine except for number fields. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong? We ask client the quantity for a product, they tell us. I want that field to be copied over in the new record. But when I select the "Quantity" field, it prompts me to enter a number instead of linking another field.

I have experimented with changing the format of our "new record table" quantity field to "single line text" instead of number, and that weirdly lets me link the "quantity" field from the form. This is not that useful though because I need to do calculations with the number in the quantity field.

Thanks in advance for any help! Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Green checkmarks next to the fields that are configured correctly, and a red circle around the number field issue.

airtable help.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi mmr1443,

Looking at the screenshot you have provided, it looks to me that if you click the setting cogwheel and switch from Static content to Dynamic, you should then be able to select the field containing the values you need.

Hope that helps.

Screenshot_2023-04-22_at_10_43_33.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Dominic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi mmr1443,

Looking at the screenshot you have provided, it looks to me that if you click the setting cogwheel and switch from Static content to Dynamic, you should then be able to select the field containing the values you need.

Hope that helps.

Screenshot_2023-04-22_at_10_43_33.png

Thank you!!! I was going crazy trying to figure it out, and all my various creative googling attempts weren't helping. Thanks again!!! Works like a charm.