832 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MyrnaEhrlich
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need help in linking four tables in Airtable with automation. Our art group publishes monthly shows where our members showcase their works. To streamline the process, I have created four tables in Airtable, namely Venues, Shows, Members, and Exhibitions.

The Venues table contains information on the places where members have previously exhibited their works. The Shows table tracks the shows entered by the members, with each show tied to a particular venue. We also have a Members table that includes all the members who can enter data into Airtable. Lastly, the Exhibitions table allows members to enter their current shows.

I have created a form under the Exhibition table. If a member enters a show that is already in Airtable, they only need to enter their name and find the show in list. If the show is new but in an existing venue, they can enter show information. And if the show is in a new venue, they need to enter both show and venue information.

I have not been able to link the Shows table to the Venues table.

Please see the attached video.

Thank you

Myrna

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l0m4k5102oov0n3/Airtable%20Linked%20Automation.mp4?dl=0

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Instead of using a "Find Records" action, I think you can use the ID from the "Create Record" action and input that into the linked field instead

See Solution in Thread

Sure, here's a Calendly to select a timing that works for you

You can also duplicate your base without any of the records in it and invite me to that if you'd like

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Instead of using a "Find Records" action, I think you can use the ID from the "Create Record" action and input that into the linked field instead

MyrnaEhrlich

Thank you, I do not quite understand the process but thought that since I am using the create record for the linked filed I could remove the Find Record section but if I do that the link record fails completely.  

Hmm, weird.  If you invite me to the base I could fix this up for you real quick

Thank you for the offer.  I am new to Airtable and not comfortable sharing the base.  Would it be possible to do this over a zoom meeting?  Myrna

Sure, here's a Calendly to select a timing that works for you

You can also duplicate your base without any of the records in it and invite me to that if you'd like