Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Help with "IF CONDITION" in an automation for "when record updated"

16 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nishant_tank
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to AirTable automations, so kindly excuse my basic nature of questions and problems.

Please refer to the attached screenshot to see what the description below refers to.

When testing an automation, I am expecting the “Update record” action to NOT be executed due to the "IF Condition" preceding the action.
For this, before I click on “Test automation” button, I am setting the API_Response = ‘record rollback complete’ and Status = ‘record rollback’.
However, the test Output on the right hand side panel shows the condition evaluated to TRUE, when clearly the input section shows the API_Response and Status values were such that it should have evaluated to FALSE.
I need help to understand why this is happening and how can I set the If Condition so that the desired result is achieved.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Hm, looks like you've set up an "OR", so if any of those conditions pass then it'll run I think.  To test this try removing all the conditions except the Status check to see whether it works as expected