1600 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_Admin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I saw a few articles here where people are just sending the airtable record ID in the webhook URL when a specific trigger is met. I’m trying to do the same thing but I want to send the data to Okta Workflows. I currently have the following script:

let inputConfig = input.config();

let recordId = inputConfig.recordId;

let url = “OKTA_WORKFLOWS_API_ENDPOINT_URL”

let request = url.concat(’?recordId=’,recordId);

await fetch(request);

My trigger is set so that when there’s an update in a specific field, the script should be ran. The trigger seems to be working according to the Airtable automation logs but I’m not seeing anything on the Okta side. Has anyone gotten this to work? I have an input variable created in my automation with the name “recordId”.

EDIT:

Actually realized i forgot a ; on my url line. Anyway, i see the trigger making it to Okta but i don’t see the recordId going over so curious how I can send data in the script if I just wanted to send specific fields.

2 Replies 2

Ha, I tried to set up an okta account so that I could test this out with you but unfortunately it requires business emails. So you’re saying that with a console.log, recordId displays the correct value, but it just isn’t showing up on Okta’s side?

IT_Admin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was able to get it to work. I didnt realize in the automation panel they actually had a sample code for sending data payloads with the webhook calls. I used that and now I’m able to send the data over with the webhook.