Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Re: How can I update record of the table in Salesforce record from Airtable

566 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medfuturexai
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello. I’m working on importing record or data from Airtable to Salesforce. I created a custom automation in Airtable that runs when the button is pressed. However, the data is not being updated in Salesforce as expected for each table.

12 Replies 12
Pello
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

It sounds like you're on the right track with creating a custom automation in Airtable to push data to Salesforce. However, I understand that the data isn't updating in Salesforce as expected, which can be frustrating.

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you provide a bit more detail? Specifically:

• Which fields in Airtable and Salesforce are you trying to update? Are they mapped correctly?
  • Are there any error messages or logs from the automation that might indicate where the process is breaking down?
  • Could you share some screenshots of your automation setup in Airtable and the relevant Salesforce configuration? This might help in identifying any potential issues or mismatches.

Pello

Here is my data from airtable i want to update in salesforce. I dont getting any error but data is not updating. Can you help. me Currently i am using make.com if anyother method please let me know

e.PNGe2.PNG

Workflow_heroes

i think this is more of a make problem than an airtable one. Can you ensure the following: 

- In the history (in make.com) has the automation run? If yes, can you check the bundle input and output if that is what you expect?

- How do you trigger the webhook?

@Workflow_heroes Forget about the make.com, I am unable to do that. How can i implement this using Airtable automation or anyother method. My automation run when record is updated

Workflow_heroes

Do you have an enterprise account? Then : https://support.airtable.com/docs/airtable-sync-integration-salesforce

If you have a business account you can make an airtable automation. I am however unable to assist there as I do not have a salesforce account. I do know my way around make.com 🙂 

@Workflow_heroes  Yes i have busniess account but main issue is that it is salesforce to airtable. I want airtable to salesforce.

DisraeliGears01
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I do think you were on the right track initially with using Make for this purpose. Per the Airtable documentation here, it seems like Salesforce syncs within AT are one-way (into AT, not out). Maybe you could right some kind of API call script to run in the automations, but it's gonna be way complex.

Make can definitely be a bit finicky when you start with it, but it's extremely flexible and worth learning because it can do amazing things. 

On the Make side, any particular reason you were using a custom webhook instead of the built in "Watch" function? You could make that trigger off an AT "Last Modified Time" field tied to a AT checkbox field (called upload to Salesforce or whatever).  Then for Salesforce (which I don't have, but theoretically) you either update record, or you might need to do "Get Record" to correlate your AT record to your SF record before "Updating" (unless you're two-way syncing this, where you make an AT field that contains the SF record id to simplify this process). 

@DisraeliGears01  Great Answer, But i am suffering to implement it in Make.com.  For using Custom Webhook. i am using a button to run the automation. 

Can you help me with that any tutorial?

Pello
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@medfuturexai, to trigger the Make.com script from Airtable, follow these steps:

1. Replace the Custom Webhook: Use the Airtable operator "Watch Responses" instead of your current Custom Webhook.
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-08-26 om 11.32.50.png

2. Trigger the Webhook via Airtable: Utilize a Script Block in Airtable Automations to trigger the webhook, passing the `RecordID` as a parameter.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-08-26 om 11.34.07.png

let config = input.config();
let url = `https://hook.eu1.make.com/xxx?myRecord=${config.myRecord}`;
fetch(url);

3. Initial Script Execution: Run the script once to set up the `RecordID` parameter in your Make.com script.

4. Retrieve the Record: Use the "Get Record" operator in Airtable to load the specific record and utilize it in your Make.com script.

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-08-26 om 11.33.01.png