Help

How do I create an automation to link to their record in the different table?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
525 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna_rebuild
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, 

I have the table that is pulling information from other table using lookup fields. However, unless I manually assign the initial pull-down record, it wont find any previous information. I am trying to use automation to fix that.

I attempted to link record based on  this article however it does not do what I want it to do. The goal is simple. I have Table A, it contains names and all the associated information with those names. I am adding the lookup fields from other Table B, and I want to see what information it contains. I need to connect these two, so the lookup field from Table B that initialises all the following references automatically assigns to Table A field. I tried "Update the Record" and "Find" and then "Update", but it doesnt seem to work. 

Any help is appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adrienne_Medina
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Anna, 

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but I recently watched a video here that does what I think you are describing - effectively replicating a vlookup function in AT so you don't need to enter data in manually:

VLookup in Airtable Automation 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Adrienne_Medina

Hi Anna, 

Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but I recently watched a video here that does what I think you are describing - effectively replicating a vlookup function in AT so you don't need to enter data in manually:

VLookup in Airtable Automation