Help

Re: How do I create unique record ID's of tasks within an automation?

663 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allison_W
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m really new to Airtable, so my question may have a really simple answer. That’d be great if it does!

I set up an automation that triggers at the beginning of each month and puts a series of 9 different tasks on two different people’s gantt charts based on who the task is assigned to.

I have been asked to edit the automation so that month is attached to the name of each task (Ex: September Collect Nominations, October Collect Nominations, November Collect nominations, etc.). Basically, this means the names of each task would change with each new month.

I have been scouring the internet and airtable to try to figure out whether this is even possible and how I would go about it and have not come up with anything. Does anyone know if this is possible and how I would go about this if it is?

4 Replies 4

Hi @Allison_W ,
There are a few things you can do to get the desired result. A simple approach would be to create a formula that grabs the task creation date, converts it to Month, and ties it together with the task name.

Try this formula

DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(),'MMMM')&' - '&{Task}

Where the {Task} should be replaced with the name of the field that contains the Task Name.

Allison_W

I will try this, thank you! I would then need to create a new column for that formula and use that as the name of the task rather than the current name of the task. Am I understanding that correctly?

Yes, that should work.

Allison_W

That worked. Thank you!!