Help

How do I trigger a button within an automation?

Topic Labels: Automations
1828 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajvanslyke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My button works great, and I'm fairly good with automations, but I can't find a solution. I'm guessing the best way is a script, but I always have to find the script code I need online and I can't find anything related. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

7 Replies 7
ajvanslyke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Here is what I have so far.

let table = base.getTable("Trenchs");
let field = table.getField("Create Excavation/Trench Report");
// execute myFunction
function myFunction() {
  field.getElementById("Create Report").click();
}
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

With interface, you can trigger a button to use automation.
With View, the button can only run scripting extensions, not directly operate automation.
how about using a checkbox or single select in place of a button to trigger automation in the View?

Hi Sho,

Thank you, but I'm trying to do the reverse. I want to use the automation to trigger the button. Any ideas?

Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Oh, it was the reverse.
Automation and scripts don't operate buttons, what function do your buttons have?

I figured this was not going to work bc no one has written a solution about it.

My button creates a PDF doc through an extension.

A form is submitted, then I want the automation to trigger the button and drop the pdf in the attachment field. Then I want it to delay while it renders, then send an email with the PDF attached. Just can't find a way to trigger the button that creates the PDF. Any ideas?

Airtable automations cannot interact with extensions. Airtable automations cannot push buttons. 

What extension are you using to create the pdf file? Are you open to other methods of creating PDF files? Some third party vendors have systems where pdf files can be created through an automation. 

Hi Kuovonna,

Thank you for your response. Yeah, I would be open to another PDF creator. I use Documint currently. For this problem I think I'm going to find a different solution, but if you know of a PDF creator that might work I would appreciate it. Thanks again.