Help

Upcoming database upgrades. Airtable functionality will be reduced for ~15 minutes at 06:00 UTC on Feb. 4 / 10:00 pm PT on Feb. 3. Learn more here

How do I work with lists of records in automations?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
871 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m trying the following in my automation;

1. Trigger is when record in Offer table changes status.
  2. First Action is Find Records from a Customer Table
  3. Second Action is to Create Records in Marketing Table for each of the customers from #2 above.

However, I don’t know how to do that. Is it possible to iterate a list in automations?

Regards,
Ruchika

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to iterate through a list of records in automations.

In my opinion, it seems like this is a big oversight by the Airtable engineers to leave this out of automations. I would highly recommend that you email support@airtable.com to ask them to please implement this feature into Airtable.

Since you can’t do this directly, you can only do this in a roundabout way. This video explains how to do it in a roundabout way:

(You can also do this directly by using Integromat, which is an external automation platform that has none of the limitations of Airtable’s automations.)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to iterate through a list of records in automations.

In my opinion, it seems like this is a big oversight by the Airtable engineers to leave this out of automations. I would highly recommend that you email support@airtable.com to ask them to please implement this feature into Airtable.

Since you can’t do this directly, you can only do this in a roundabout way. This video explains how to do it in a roundabout way:

(You can also do this directly by using Integromat, which is an external automation platform that has none of the limitations of Airtable’s automations.)

Thanks for the response! I’ll check Integromat.
Yes, definite oversight… Perform actions on list should be a feature.