2042 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristina_Garcia
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am having issues with my task base. Right now I have one table with all the tasks and then separate tables with each individual employee. This way they can look at their tasks separately not through separate views. I am having the issue right now that the information won't transfer every time a record is updated. 

With the different views it's hard to get an automation right that all the information transfers. Please let me know an easier solution or if I need to fix my automations. I've attached photos.

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yeap what you've got set up is pretty much how you'd do it. 

re: Information transfer when record is updated
In your automations you're successfully creating a new record in the "Cristina" table and linking it to the task.  Since the records are linked, you can add lookup fields to the "Cristina" table to display data from your "Tasks" table, and any changes you make in the "Tasks" table will reflect in the "Cristina" table. 

If you'd like changes from the "Cristina" table to reflect in the "Tasks" table, you would:
1. Create a lookup field in "Tasks" that displays the data you want from the "Cristina" table
2. Create a formula field in "Tasks" that will display the field from step 1 if it's not empty

I'm curious what your business need is that requires you to split all your tasks into tables instead of using views like you mentioned?