Help

How to automate copy/paste from one column to another, and determine appropriate trigger?

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
2453 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Basically we have two workspaces. One is for project management. The other is for accounting. Once the project has been completed, we change it's status to "ready for accounting" which then automatically syncs with the accounting workspace. So no new records are being created in the accounting workspace.

We then generate a "price code" based on the company name and the product. The price code reference a price list which is a different table in the accounting workspace. I have nearly all the mechanics of this worked out, but currently have to manually copy/paste from "price code" column to "price" column (see screenshots). I'd like to automate this, but I've had trouble with the tutorials I've seen, and I also don't know what an appropriate trigger would be.

Thanks in advance for any help!

copy paste 1.pngcopy paste 2.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

If I were you I'd set up the trigger to be:
If "Price" is empty and "Price Code" is not empty

And the action would just be an "Update Record" where I paste the value from the "Price Code" field into "Price"

Here's an example automation:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.54.53 AM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

If I were you I'd set up the trigger to be:
If "Price" is empty and "Price Code" is not empty

And the action would just be an "Update Record" where I paste the value from the "Price Code" field into "Price"

Here's an example automation:

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.54.53 AM.png

Link to base

mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks so much again!! I got it working!