Help

How to automate the aggregation of all attachments into a singular pdf for print

336 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataWrangler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I have a form that generates a single record that has multiple attachment fields. I am trying to find a way with either a script or an automation to pull all the different attachments together and print. (Maybe an automation trigger that collates all the attachments into a singular pdf and a prompt to print..?) Any suggestions? I read through some very sophisticated responses that @Jeremy_Oglesby  @JonathanBowen gave to @Matthew_Hilshor back in 2021 for a question titled "Moving Attachments"- do you guys have any ideas?

3 Replies 3

You can use a third party service like pdf.co or cloudconvert.com to merge the individual pdf files. You can create the integration using Make.com or use scripting. 

DataWrangler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@kuovonne I would like to use scripting- I am sure someone has done this before. Do you know a specific script that accomplishes this?

I do not know of a ready-to-use script that is publicly available.
I have written scripts that do this, but I am not in a position to share those scripts.

It requires knowing how to write scripts and how to use the API of the third party service you are using. It also typically requires hardcoding the credentials for the third party service. So scripting is only appropriate in situations where you 100% trust everyone with access to the base with your credentials.