Help

Re: How to create new records as many as the quantity of number column?

779 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starparkssi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I'd like to know how to create new records using automaitons in B table as many as the quantity of number column(ex. 5) in A table when the status column in A table has a specific value(ex. realease).

See the example below.

1. Input

스크린샷 08-05-2023 14.17.03.jpg

2. Output

스크린샷 08-05-2023 14.17.10.jpg

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

2 Replies 2

One way to achieve this would be to:
1. Link the two tables together
2. In Table A, create a "Count" field to count the number of linked records
3. Create a "Formula" field to check whether the "Count" field matches the value of the "Quantity" field
4. Create an automation that will trigger when the "Count" field is updated or the "Quantity" field is updated
  - Add a conditional step that will check whether the formula field from step 3 passes the check
5. Add a "Create record" step that will create a new record and link it to the triggering record

Here's a base with the above setup for your reference

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

My automation helpers scripts includes a script for generating a list from a number.

You can then use that list in a repeating group. Put your Create record action inside the repeating group.

This method will use only one automation run to create all of the linked records. It also does not require any additional helper fields.

I wrote up an explanation with screen captures here.

Note that automations can have limited advanced logic. If your automation already has a repeating group or conditional logic, you will not be able to add a new repeating group.