Help

How to Implement Real-Time Auto-Suggestions for Company Names and Addresses in Airtable Interface?

250 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Building_Enclos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m looking to streamline data entry in my Airtable base by implementing real-time auto-suggestions for the 'Company' and 'Company Address' fields within the Interface Designer. Specifically, I want users to be able to start typing a company name or address, and have Airtable suggest existing entries based on what’s already in the table, similar to how Excel auto-suggests based on previous entries.

I’ve explored options like linked records and single select fields, but these either require extra steps or don’t provide the seamless experience I’m looking for. Ideally, I’d like this functionality to be constantly available while users are working within the Interface, without needing to run scripts manually.

Has anyone successfully implemented something like this, or is there a recommended approach or workaround that could achieve this within Airtable’s current capabilities?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Replies 2

Hmm, with the example of the Company stuff, I think you'd need to have a linked field I'm afraid.  You could then set the primary field of the "Company" table to be a combination of the company name, address, and whatever else you want them to be able to search by.  This way when they type stuff in it'll automatically suggest options as needed

Hopefully someone else has a better idea!

To bring real-time auto-suggestions for 'Company' and 'Company Address' fields in your Airtable Interface Designer, I suggest creating a custom solution using Airtable’s Scripting block. This will allow auto-suggestions to populate dynamically as users type, based on existing data in your base. By leveraging Airtable’s API and custom scripts, I can create a smooth, Excel-like experience, fully integrated into your current setup.