cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comercial_Tesal
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello everybody.

It is possible to have a view of type "Locked view" and at the same time of type "Personal view".
The thing is that I have views created exclusively to generate automations. So I want, on the one hand, for no one other than me to access them (no one but me needs to be bothered by displaying this view in the list of available views), and on the other hand, to prevent myself or someone else from modifying them by mistake.

If not, what would be the best way to protect a filter view that is used exclusively to generate automations? The idea is to prevent adding records there, and at the same time having its configuration manipulated by mistake.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Does the locked view feature not work for this use case?  The lock view locks it for all who aren't  Creators.

Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I do the same thing. I keep all these locked views in it's own section. And if these views are simply for triggering automations and "Find Record" actions, you don't need to display the data within the view; just the primary field.

I'm not sure if your use for restricted access is because of sensitive information. If so, I might suggest moving the other users to an Interface only user. And then build specific interfaces for them.

The problem is that the "locked view" is visible to other users. Which I don't like because they can still add records there and also because they don't need to have useless views in their dashboard.

Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

If I remember correctly, both locked views and personal views are visible to other users depending on what settings they have toggled.

Sistema_Aotearo_0-1716157705604.png

I think the views are used more so for healing to organise all the different views rather than a permissions level thing.